D.K. is always on the prowl when it comes to hurting teeth and causing damage. That’s why our special patients at KidZaam Dentistry must stay vigilant in the face of danger. However, if a Cavity Goon manages to sneak its way in, Doc, the KidZaam Kommandos and our KidZologists and agents are here to help banish it with the power of a tooth-colored filling! Many parents surely remember the traditional amalgam fillings that were once commonplace, but no longer. This treatment option is safe, quick, and blends in naturally with the teeth.
Please contact one of our three KidZaam Klubhouse locations to schedule a dental filling in Prescott, Cottonwood or Prescott Valley, Arizona. A super fun dental care experience is waiting for your son or daughter, so call 855-KID-ZAAM!
WHY DO CAVITIES HAPPEN?
There are several reasons, and they can be tricky:
- Sugar is the food of choice for damage-causing bacteria. Eating or drinking too much will encourage the bacteria to multiply and find homes in a smile, especially if your child doesn’t immediately brush afterwards.
- Poor oral hygiene is a big cause and one that our team can help you with. The whole family needs to keep up with brushing, flossing and rinsing on a regular basis!
- Dry mouth may not seem like a serious problem at first, but saliva is actually very helpful for rinsing away food particles. Without it, our young patients are at a much higher risk for developing pesky cavities.
HOW DO TOOTH-COLORED FILLINGS WORK?
Having a tooth-colored filling placed is a breeze here at KidZaam Dentistry! After helping your child become as comfortable as possible, our dental Kidzologists will remove the damaged portions of their tooth, taking care to preserve the healthy structure that remains. Then they will apply the composite resin to the tooth and sculpt it into place so that it looks completely natural. Then, all that’s left is to harden it in place with a special curing light. Now D.K. has been vanquished yet again!
WHY ARE TOOTH-COLORED FILLINGS THE BEST CHOICE FOR MY CHILD?
- As their name suggests, tooth-colored fillings blend right in with your child’s natural smile, helping them smile with confidence after their appointment is over!
- The flexibility of composite resin helps our agents preserve more of your child’s natural tooth, providing it with valuable strength.
- Teeth with metal fillings are very sensitive to temperatures that are especially hot or cold. Tooth-colored fillings are much more comfortable for teeth of all shapes and sizes!
- With the help of at-home brushing and flossing and regular visits to KidZaam Dentistry (not a problem for excited kids), fillings can last for 10-15 years or even longer.